*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Thumper & Baby Ivy

We finally gave away the bunnies away today. It sure wasn't easy finding new owners nor any pet shops that would accept them, but we found Beh & Yo Rabbitry, a breeding farm located in Semenyih.

Thumper & Baby Ivy
My precious bunnies

This morning, Hubby and I carried the entire cage into the car and drove to Amcorp Mall, where Beh & Yo Rabbitry's stall is. Baby Lops are sold there and they were oh so cute. I just couldn't help patting them. We placed the cage in front of the stall, along with the remaining packet of hay and pellets. Both Thumper and Ivy lowered their heads when I gave them one last, long pat. Said my goodbyes, turned around and walked away as fast as I could. My heart ached and my eyes were watery. I just could not bear to turn back to see them because I know that I would keep them back and not give them away again. Hubby had to take over the wheel until I was more composed.

It hurts like hell having to part with them. To think that I had only cared for them for a few months, let alone I had been away from them for almost 3 months. But they've been very precious to me. I've been too attached to them. Now whenever I walk past or see the kitchen, where the cage once was is now an empty spot. I miss cleaning the cage, letting them out to run about the kitchen. I miss feeding them and talking to them every now and then. I miss patting them and hear the noises they made when they grind their teeth against the cage wire, when they drink or when they jump around within the cage. I miss having to have experienced a very short period of being a 'granny bunny'.

It hurts knowing the fact that I'd never get to see them again, always wondering how are they doing right now and where are they now - whether they have new owners or they're at the Rabbitry.

IT.JUST.SUCKS.BIG.TIME.

I miss you, Thumper and Ivy. Thank you for the memories. I pray and hope that you'll both have better lives ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home