*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Names Signed Away

Inspector, his mum and I have signed our names on the S&P agreement - All 4 copies of it, including the seller.

After the lawyer has processed the agreement, he will keep 1 of the copies, the seller will keep 1 copy, and the remaining 2 copies will be handed to us, the purchasers. As Inspector's family has already paid 1% of the deposit a week ago, they will write a cheque for the remaining 9% to the owner tomorrow. Actually upon signing of the agreement, the purchaser would have already paid the 10% to the seller. The seller was understanding and he trusts us. Besides, that house is the one just opposite of where Inspector and his family is currently living in. So, we can't possibly run away with the house, right.

Eskimo briefed us on the housing loan application, MRTA (Mortgage Reducing Term Assurance), fire insurance and we signed the relevant documents. Tomorrow, Princess would come over to my office to let me sign the application form to open a savings account, for us to do the auto repayment for the loan. Inspector's family will then pay up the balance within 90 days. Thereafter, the seller will be given 7 days to hand the keys to us. Then, the house will be officially ours!

I should be happy about this. The fact is, I wasn't. Inspector had been giving me the cold shoulder since last night. Just because I tried to voice out my opinion. But noooooo... I shouldn't be doing that. I should be obliging! As I took a half an hour drive back home from his place, my CD player belted out Michael W. Smith's "Draw Me Close". Instantly, tears flowed and I felt so awfully helpless. I've been neglecting Him recently. Sometimes I wish the whole world can just stop for a moment, but no matter how much I wish for that to happen, the world will still spin. Life will still go on no matter what. I just got to keep praying for strength and have faith in Him..

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that I'm Your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
Cause nothing else can take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near

Help me know You are near..

~~ (Michael W. Smith) - Draw Me Close ~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home