*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Friday, May 13, 2005

Trouble Accepting Compliments

I have a hard time accepting compliments. I have this habit of assuming that every compliment is insincere. I understand what is sarcasm and on how it works. Oh, and did I mention that I'm quite good at being sarcastic myself? When people compliment me, immediately I will see it as a sarcastic remark. Especially if I know how does that particular person throws his/her sarcasm around. I know it's a very, very, very bad habit. I don't know... Somehow I guess all these while, I'm just not confident of myself and being sarcastic is the best disguise.

Like during the last weekend, I had my hair cut. A drastic one. From very long locks (that goes past the bra line) to slightly touching the shoulder line and very layered all the way from the top of my head. I don't know how to describe it... To the point I can't tie my hair already lar now. The wasterpaperbasket was filled with my hair.. Should have gone to sell them lar. It was supposed to be longer... BUT.. The length got shorter and shorter and shorter..

Anyway, everyone said that I looked nice/different/better with that hairstyle. But I know how Inspector likes me with long hair. He'd seen me in really short hair ages ago and he really didn't like it, hence telling me not to cut it short again. And when he said "Wah.. Leng lui..", did he really mean it or was he just being nice? Were the rest being honest as well? And I would go, "sure or not??" Or whenever I needed to dress up for something, I'd go to Mum and Sis for opinions. It's a bit embarassing to say that Sis has much better fashion taste than me, and she's the younger one. Mum's bluntly honestly, if it's ugly, she'll tell me directly, "Aiyoo.. Mmm chan larr, hou sam paaa laaarr".

I'm the kind of person who believes that honesty is the best policy. If I'm ugly, or rude or anything, please tell me straight to my face. Besides I know I don't have a supermodel figure nor a very pretty face. I look more like Tweety - big head with super small, stick thin body. But of course, if you're complimenting me honestly, I sure accept lar. :)

*Sighz* How should I overcome this? Hammie asked me this morning, "Why you look like you never comb your hair wan?" Totally direct. Couldn't help it, my hair curls when it's short. A bit 'malu' but I like that comment! Hehe..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home