*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Gummy's Song

Months ago, Gummy wrote a song and thought a tune would be nice to go along with it. We'd envisioned that someone famous would sing it, that the song will travel around the country. She would be so famous and I would be awfully happy for her! My childhood buddy's song woh!

I remember telling her that I would get someone to write it for her. After months of futile wait from a friend, I searched for a songwriter over the Internet and found Jasemaine Gan. She was really kind to offer to write the song but because she was busy with her own demo recordings, she asked if it would be okay if she let her friend write it, whom apparently started songwriting not too long ago. So I said "Yes, please!"

A few weeks later, Jasemaine got back to me with THE song, composed by her friend. I listened to it and I personally felt it was really good, what's more knowing that it was more difficult to write a melody based on the lyrics when it should be the other way round. And for a beginner, it was reaaaaally good! The more I listened, the more I fell in love with it. The whole thing was just so lovely - the bittersweet lyrics, the sweet voice and the soft melody. The more I couldn't believe that I was actually listening to a song that Gummy wrote. *Grin*

Gummy's dream would not have come true if not for them - Jasemaine and her friend, Jean. Thank you so much, both of you. I truly appreciate what both of you have done for Gummy, and I hope that Gummy will like her 2-months early birthday gift. Tee hee hee.. I really do wish that both of you will succeed in your music careers. I hope that someday soon, both Gummy and I will be able to watch your performances. We will definitely be cheering for you!

If you're a recording producer, please sign a contract with them, okay? Jean can be contacted at bluewish_9058@hotmail.com . Now back to Gummy's song! *Grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home