*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Monday, September 11, 2006

Counting Chickens

I have this bad habit of counting chickens before they are hatched. I hope too much, I expect too much just as well. And of course, when things don't go the way I want it to go, the disappointment hurts badly.

There was this job that I had hoped I could score. I liked the directors that were interviewing me, I liked that they were being honest about themselves, the company and what they thought of me. I liked the office environment and the venue. I liked the fact that if I could get that job, it would mean that I'd have to start all over again (I told them honestly that I was willing to take the risk), meet greater challenges and solve puzzles everyday. But I couldn't get pass the final round - the test. Like I mentioned, they were very honest people. They liked my personality and thought it would be great for their team, they wouldn't mind training me but they had to reject me coz they were in urgent need of a very experienced person to take up the job as they are trying to grow very fast before the end of the year. :(

In all honesty (yes, it's that word again!), I'm dying to leave the current company. Being there for more than 6 years now, I've been getting more complacent with everything. There is no way I'd be able to climb up the organization unless of course, NR decides to quit (which is totally impossible). There is nothing new for me to learn and the pay really, really sucks. The management is getting worse and perhaps the fact that my closest colleagues had left the company contributes to my wanting to leave.

I'm dying for new challenges and I am actively seeking a new job before I really rot in my current one and start hating the company and all, which I really don't want that to happen. Hopefully with all the disappointments and experience I've gone through countless interviews, I hope that some day soon, I'll be able to win a new job. In the meantime, I'll still keep an eye on the recruitment ads. *wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home