*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Time Left : 5 Hours

Can't believe that the day's oh so near.. Now I'm getting really nervous coz I don't know if I can get everything done up really soon!

It was raining cats and dogs this morning when Sis and I made a visit to the nail salon. I was so worried that the weather would stay that way till night coz we were to have a small pre-wedding party dinner at home. By the time the party was about to start, I was still slumping in front of the PC, trying to perfect the slideshows. despite the awful lack of sleep. And there were more phonecalls being made and received. *gah*

As much as Inspector and I would like to see each other the day before the wedding, it was just impossible to do so. Not because of whatever customary tradition that forbids the newlyweds to see each other on the wedding eve, but it's because we both had just too many things to do, so many places to go to. He's having a pre-wedding party at our new place as well, and he had to bring both the bridal cars to the respective florists to be decorated.

Pre-Wedding Party
Pre-celebration dinner prepared by Le Oriental Catering

It was so frustrating but I'm awfully glad my friends were around to help me out. FRG flew in from Bangladesh a week before (he's being stationed there for a year). Nutty flew in from Bintulu this evening itself. Both of them, Chino, Aneh, Wan Nei and Sue stayed back after the party, crowding over the round dining table with 3 notebooks to help complete the slideshows. That wasn't all, they would have to wake up super early tomorrow (or rather, later) to double up as videographers from Inspector's side, 'heng tais' and 'chi muis'. Nutty hadn't even checked into the hotel! They practically pestered me to go prepare the background music CDs for the dinner, to go take my shower, to sleep early. But I just couldn't. I've already felt like I was burdening them with my wedding, and they were tired as hell too. I couldn't just let them do all my stuffs.

But shortly after 3am, they kicked themselves out. They knew me too well. They knew I wouldn't go sleep and let them be. The guys would be camping together with Nutty in the hotel. They took along the projector, my notebook, video recorder, CDs, the corsages and 'heng tai' car ribbons (to be given to Inspector in the morning). They insisted that they will 'kao tim' everything, that I should not worry about anything but to look pretty and have fun during the wedding. As much as I felt like I was throwing all my responsibilities to them, I was relieved as well coz I know that everything is in good hands. If I am to trust someone to do the job, it would be them. I would never doubt them nor their capabilities. And I am ever so thankful to have them in my life. *smile*

Can't believe that in a few hours' time, I will be officially married. I will be someone's wife. I will begin a new journey in life with Inspector.......

I got to go now.. I have to be awake by 5 plus and that's in less than 2 hours time. Make up artist and the photographer's gonna be coming over at 6.30am. Inspector and his troop will arrive at 8.30am. I think I'm gonna leave cucumber slices on my eyes while I sleep. Tee hee hee... Well.... See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home