*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Friday, June 02, 2006

A New Chapter Begins

The day was finally here. They, along with their families, gathered at the Civil Registrar of Marriage in JPN Putrajaya. He in a blue long sleeved collared shirt, dark blue suit, and a matching tie. She in a pink, sleeveless knee-length dress. There were a few couples waiting for their turn as well.

They took numerous photos individually, as a couple and with their families. Their names were called and they were all asked to proceed into a room.

Side by side, they stood in front of the Registrar and said their vows, with their fathers as their official witnesses and the rest of the families watching from behind them.

I will stand before God
Give you all that I've got
I can promise you I'll be true
I reveal here and now
As we both take this vow
I am so in love, I am so in love with you

They signed the ROM certificate and its duplicate copies, followed by their father's signatures.

I promise to honor and cherish you
For better or for worse
I'll be there for you
For richer or for poorer
In sickness and in health
Till death do us part
From this day on and forever

They exchanged rings and sealed with a kiss before they were officially declared as a married couple at 8.40am.

Registration of Marriage (ROM)
The proof of marriage

The chapter ends, and a new one begins. They made it through the past 10 years. Just like any other fairy tales where it ends with them living happily ever after, they can and will go through anything together now and in the future. Marriage will never be a smooth-sailing journey but no matter what, they will write their very own happy ending together.

And this, my friends, is the love story of Patchee and Inspector's. *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home