*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, November 27, 2005

On Being 26

I turn 26 years old today.

The older I get, the more I realize that birthdays are not just about blowing candles on the cake, receiving presents and painting the town red. The more I realize that birthdays do not only mark the anniversary of one's birth, but to acknowledge and to be thankful to the parents who brought him/her into the world.

The older I get, the more I reflect on the years passed by. About the relationships (family, love and friends) gained, lost and also renewed. About the sweet memories that never fail to make me smile. About the bitter times that still bring me to tears whenever I'm reminded about them. About the events that carved me to be the person I am now.

The older I get, the more I realize how truly blessed I am to be surrounded by my loved ones and friends all over the world. Some people tells me that one is considered lucky if he/she can find five really close friends. I am extremely lucky and eternally blessed to have more than 5 angels surrounding me.

Thank you...

.. for bringing me into the world. For bringing me up with endless love, care and sacrifices. For ensuring that I have all the best things in the world.

.. for tolerating my fiery temper the past 23 years and looking out for me like an elder sister would do, when it should be the other way round.

.. for making my life complete when you popped the question and gave me that ring. It does not matter if the stone was huge, small or there wasn't any at all. What matter most is that you accepted me despite my faults, you gave us those second (and third and fourth) chances in the past, and accepting me to share your present and your future.

.. for the lovely suprise you gave - the long distance call. You are definitely the only one friend who have watched me grown in every stage in life, right from the Care Bear days to the person I am today. For being the one best friend I never realized I had all along. We both look forward to meeting you soon!!

.. for being the bestest 'heng tais' anyone can get in the whole wide world. Whenever there is one person giving me trouble, there are five of you standing in front, protecting this "baby sister".

.. for accepting me, even though I do not dive, drink nor go clubbing. Yet we could still mass mail each other everyday and meet up for "yum char" and yak about anything under the sun.

.. for treating me like family and being able to share so much with you. Work wouldn't have been so bearable and fun if it wasn't for you guyz.

.. for all the SMSes and e-mails received from all around the world. Even a short "Happy Birthday" message was enough to bring a smile, to be thought of, to be remembered.

My birthday really would not have been so memorable if not for all of you. Thank you sooooo much!!! *Hugz*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home