*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Pirated DVD Subtitles

Sometimes when you buy pirated DVD's, you come across those with awful subtitles. Not only is the title funny (think uhm.. "The Day After Tomorrow" as "Lusa" in Malay), but practically the whole movie's subtitles are screwed up. When I watch a movie, I tend to glance through the subtitles. It's not to say I don't understand what are they saying on the screen, but.. It's just a habit la.. There was a particular movie, which I forgot the name, was badly translated that I ended up commenting each line and laughed at it, which then of course, pretty much annoyed Inspector. *lol*

Anyway, a colleague forwarded someone's blog entry about the subtitles for Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith. Pretty hilarious, I tell you! Just couldn't help being amused at the thought of why would some people translate the movie into Chinese, and then translate it back to English when the original movie is obviously in English already! In this case, "Revenge of the Sith" has become "Backstroke of the West". Goodness gracious! Go read the entry and have a laugh. Moral of the story >> Buy original DVDs! :Þ

In the meantime, am keeping an eye on my Grass Baby's progress. She's a week's old today, she's turned dark brown except for the top part of her head (that's where the grass seeds are), and she really "resap" a lot of water everyday! Last Friday before I left the office, I made sure her "cradle" was filled up with water. When I came back to work on Monday, she was practically half dried up. So poor thing.. Ah well.. I'm still waiting for signs of growth! Hurry up laaa...


GBaby Day 6
1 week's old

[UPDATE] The subtitles for Star Wars definitely wasn't made up. Hammie went to China for troubleshooting a couple of months back and bought home the Star Wars DVD collection. After reading that entry, Koala Bear decided to watch the China-made DVD and he confirmed that the subtitles were for real. The exact same one. "Backstroke of the West". Hehe.. I think I'll need a copy of that DVD to keep. *lol*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home