*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, November 03, 2007

It's Baby!!

[updated on 12th December 2007]

Prior to the discovery of the pregnancy, I had been noticing an itching bulge on my tummy. Hubby even called me Fatty when I told him about it. Hehe.. And there was the constipation, tiredness, nauseaness and vomitting.. And of course, the missed period. Everything just became so crystal clear now.

We finally consulted a gynae today to confirm the pregnancy. Doc explained that we were about 6 and a half weeks pregnant and he would expect to see a sac and the baby within it through the ultrasound scan. The moment he said that I would need to do a blood test, my blood pressure and heartbeat rates practically shot up. Thank goodness I didn't have to do it today. *Phew*

I got propped up onto the examination bed, with Hubby standing by my side. Doc applied some cold jelly onto the scanner and placed the scanner onto my tummy. We saw the uterus as he zoomed deeper to the sac and a little dot within it. That little dot is Baby after all! So thankful it is not an ectopic pregnancy (thank you, thank you!!). The dot was really minute that there were many times I lost sight of the dot and had to interrupt Doc to ask him where was the dot. Tee hee hee.....

We are at 6 and a half weeks now, but could barely hear Baby's little heartbeat. Doc prescribed some vitamins (Folic acid and yucky Calcium) for me to take daily, and arranged to meet us again in a month's time. But we would need to go back next week to hear the heartbeat. Then only could he confirm the viability of the pregnancy.

'Tis soooooooooooooooo exciting!!! We ARE indeed gonna be parents!! Baby is expected to join us on 26th June 2008. Can't wait, can't wait!!! *GRIN*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home