*/

Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Salary Increment

I finally got my pay slip. Needless to say, it's damn disappointing. Dexter gave me a little bit lower than what he "promised" me. During the appraisal week, he found out that I was being offered twice the salary from a competitor firm. What he didn't know was that this offer was given about a year or two ago, but what he could fight for me was just 10% higher than my previous salary. *Sighz* Well.. At least I have finally passed the "mark", but no matter how much of % increment, it will still be so much lower than the average market rate for a person in my field with 4 and 1/2 years experience. *Double sighz*

Not that I'm trying to be greedy or something. It's just that, it's a bit disheartening knowing that it's just the pay that really sucks over here. And the management structure is getting more political and "kelam-kabut". That I don't see the future in me climbing the organization. And the fact that I don't think I can stand NR any much longer. On the other hand, the colleagues are nice and helpful. Flexible working hours and I can always "cabut" at 6 sharp.

Am I complaining too much? *Triple sighz* To move on or to stay on? That question has always been playing in my mind. What to do? What to doooo?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home